Best One-pan Mediterranean Baked Halibut
INGREDIENTSFOR THE SAUCE:
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp seasoned salt more for later
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp ground coriander
FOR THE FISH
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 lb halibut fillet slice into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the sauce ingredients together. Add the green beans tomatoes and onions and toss to coat with the sauce. With a large slotted spoon or spatula transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet (21 x 15 x 1 inch baking sheet for example). Keep the vegetables to one side or one half of the baking sheet and make sure they are spread out in one layer.
- Now add the halibut fillet strips to the remaining sauce toss to coat. Transfer the halibut fillet to the baking sheet next to the vegetables and pour any remaining sauce on top.
- Lightly sprinkle the halibut and vegetables with a little more seasoned salt.
- Bake in 425 degrees F heated oven for 15 minutes. Then transfer the baking sheet to the top oven rack and broil for another 3 minutes or so watching carefully. The cherry tomatoes should begin to pop under the broiler.
- When ready remove the baked halibut and vegetables from the oven. Serve with your favorite grain Lebanese rice or pasta. It’s a great idea to add a hearty salad like this Mediterranean Three Bean Salad.
This article and recipe adapted from this site