Best Crockpot Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (diced medium)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- fresh parsley (chopped ; optional)
- In a medium skillet add oil and chicken. Cook on medium-high heat and sear until brown flip and brown the other side. Place in slow cooker.
- In the same pan add onion and saute until tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Place the mushrooms garlic and parsley in an even layer over the chicken and onions in the slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth and sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and add cornstarch to the juices and mushrooms. Whisk until smooth. Return chicken to slow cooker and cook until the gravy is thick about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta!
This article and recipe adapted from this site