Best Crock Pot Chicken And Rice Burrito Bowl
- 2 lbs chicken breasts about 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 3/4 cups instant rice brown or white
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- sliced olives sliced green onion and sour cream
- Place chicken and diced onion in slow cooker and add broth salsa taco seasoning and cumin. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked to 165f degrees.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH and add instant rice and beans. Stir. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes until rice is tender and liquid reduced. Top with shredded cheese cover and cook for a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Serve in a bowl with desired toppings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site