Best Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp. freshly torn basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet then add garlic and cook until fragrant 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and cover with a lid to melt.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site