Best Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes about 6 seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup torn fresh basil plus leaves for garnish if desired
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken & Pasta:
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta half of a 16 ounce box
- 1-1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2)
- Balsamic glaze optional
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and let sit for out on the counter while you prep and cook the chicken and pasta.
- Chicken & Pasta:
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain the water and return pasta to the pan. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and toss to keep the pasta from sticking together as it sits. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook about 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Depending on the thickness of the breasts it could take up to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest covered with foil to keep warm.
- To the skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the bruschetta mixture. Cook stirring often just long enough to heat through; 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the pasta to the pan. Toss to coat adding more olive oil if needed.
- Slice chicken breasts and add to the pasta.
- Divide into bowls and serve immediately garnished with fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and added shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site