Bbq Chicken Kabobs With Bacon And Pineapple
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2 – 2 chunks salted lightly
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 lb bacon cut into 1 – 1 1/2 segments
- fresh pineapple cut into 2 chunks
- Combine chicken pieces with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and marinate for 2-3 hours. (This step can be omitted if you re pressed for time!)
- Microwave bacon for 2-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you like it. Let bacon cool slightly.
- Using wooden skewers previously soaked in water for at least 1 hour (or metal skewers!) thread chicken bacon pieces and pineapple in a pattern. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold thin bacon pieces over in half and arrange next to the chicken being careful to not put the bacon pieces too close to anything else so that they have space to heat up properly to cook.
- Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 155-160 degrees F. Slather remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on kabobs when they re nearly cooked. Cover loosely with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE