Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place chicken breasts in a medium size casserole pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Top with minced garlic.
- Spread basil pesto evenly over each chicken breast.
- Add tomato slices on top.
- Add thickly sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your breasts.
- When serving top each chicken breast with fresh chopped basil and a fresh slice of tomato. Pour the juices from the bottom of the casserole pan over pasta or rice.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE