Banana Pudding Egg Rolls
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c. whole milk
- 24 Nilla Wafers
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 4 medium bananas cut into thirds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Whipped topping for serving
- In a large bowl whisk to combine vanilla pudding and milk. Refrigerate for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Crush Nilla Wafers and place the crumbs on a shallow plate.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and place a heaping spoonful of pudding in the center. Top with a piece of banana and fold up the bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat until all bananas are used.
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat oil (it should reach 1 up the side of pan) until a drop of water bubbles in pan. Add egg rolls and fry until golden 1 minute per side. Immediately transfer egg rolls to plate with crushed Nilla Wafers and roll to coat. Serve with whipped topping for dipping.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE