Banana And Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ? teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats cinnamon nutmeg baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup mashed banana and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
NotesMake ahead instructions
- Bake oatmeal cups completely and let cool. Then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap place in a freezer bag and freeze. Warm up in the microwave. First remove plastic wrap. Then place on a microwave safe dish and heat up for 2 minutes on high. Put a coffee mug of water in while it heats up. This keeps it from drying out.
This article and recipe adapted from this site