Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon In Foil
- 1 large salmon fillet (see note)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter melted (see note)
- juice of 2 limes (plus one lime thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together butter lime juice honey and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don t worry if it doesn t cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.
- Don t stress about the size of your salmon fillet. This recipe is very forgiving and works for one very large salmon a couple of medium-sized fillets or even several small individual fillets.
- For an even lighter version you can cut back the butter to 4 tablespoons instead of a half cup (8 tablespoons). Keep in mind though that for a very large salmon fillet like the one I used 8 tablespoons is not a terribly huge amount when divided between 4-6 servings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site