Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 large)
- 6 green onions sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp minced peeled ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground white or black pepper
- 6 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 cups slightly packed chopped Napa cabbage
- 6 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 (4.3 oz) package dry ramen seasoning packets discarded
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and saute 3 minutes then add green onions garlic and ginger and saute 2 minutes longer set aside.
- Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper then add to pot and cook until browned on both sides about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Pour in chicken broth soy sauce mirin rice vinegar Sriracha and sesame oil then pour carrot mixture into soup mixture.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low cover and simmer until chicken has cooked through (center should register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer) about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from soup and transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile stir in sugar cabbage and mushrooms and return soup to a boil. Add noodles and cook 3 – 5 minutes longer until noodles are tender. Stir in chicken. Serve warm sprinkled with cilantro.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here