15 Minute Easy Apple Pie Nachos
- 6 flour tortillas 8-inch size is ideal
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted divided
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon) divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled cored and chopped
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar tossing until coated.
- Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes per side flipping halfway through. Repeat if pieces don t fit onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Prepare chopped apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Then mix with remaining 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter under medium heat. Add in apple mixture and saute several minutes until soft and tender.
- On a large serving plate place a layer of tortilla pieces and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with caramel sauce pecans and whipped cream. Serve & enjoy!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE